- Candidates shall have passed the Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or 12th Standard V.H.S.E., C.B.S.E., I.S.C or any other examination considered as equivalent thereto
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together
How to Apply
Candidate can register themselves for the KEAM entrance examinations by logging on to the official CEE-Kerala website.Candidates must follow the given 7 steps for registration to KEAM entrance examination through online application process:
- Candidate Registration
- Candidate Login
- Filling up of Application
- Final Submission of Application
- Payment of Application Fee
- Printout of the Application
- Send the Printout of application and supporting documents to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE-Kerala)
Selection of candidates to the B.Tech programme will be done on the basis of their performance in KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture, Medical) entrance examinations conducted by CEE-Kerala.
B.Tech Admission 2018
FEES STRUCTURE 2018-19(FIRST YEAR B.TECH)
|GOVT. FEES||8225/-||ONLINE PAYMENT SLIP SHOULD BE PRODUCED|
|KTU EXAM FEES||1700||SC/ST/OEC STUDENTS ARE EXEMPTED|
|KTU ADMINISTRATION FEES||1000||SC/ST/OEC STUDENTS ARE EXEMPTED|
|KTU SPORTS FEES||500||SC/ST/OEC STUDENTS ARE EXEMPTED|
|PTA MEMBERSHIP FEES||500||SC/ST/OEC STUDENTS ARE EXEMPTED|
|COLLEGE DEVELOPMENT FUND||7000||SC/ST/OEC STUDENTS ARE EXEMPTED|
|CAMPUS PLACEMENT AND TRAINING CELL FEES||1000|
|HOSTEL APPLICATION FORM(LADIES HOSTEL ONLY)||50||ONLY FOR GIRLS STUDENTS APPLYING FOR COLLEGE HOSTEL ACCOMODATION|
|STUDENTS FACILITATION CENTRE||300|
|TOTAL COLLEGE FEES||15042/-||FOR GENERAL CATEGORY STUDENTS|
|TOTAL COLLEGE FEES||4342/-||FOR SC/ST/OEC STUDENTS|
- Candidates must be an Indian National.
- Candidate should have studied the Graduate course in an institution approved by the AICTE / Deemed Universities in India.
- Candidates should have scored at least 60% aggregate of marks in the Engineering Degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient. For SEBC (OBC) students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination in Kerala will be given preference over all candidates
- In case of vacant seats due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will be considered for admission. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission
How to Apply
- Candidates can register themselves for M.Tech admissions through online application process by logging on to the official DTE Kerala website.
- Upon submitting the online application form, an application fee of Rs 500/- (Rs 100/- in case of SC/ST Candidates) is to be remitted in any specified branch of State Bank of Travancore along with the generated challan.
- Printout of the duly filled-in applications should be sent along with the copies of following documents, to the address:
Directorate of Technical Education,
Padmavilasom Road, Thiruvananthapuram-695023
Selection of candidates to the M.Tech programme will be done on the basis of their GATE scores.
Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit meritorious Diploma holders to the Second Year/Third Semester of the B.Tech Courses to acquire a Degree in Engineering.
Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by Govt. of Kerala as per for 10% of the sanctioned seats in addition to total seats. AICTE has suggested a state level Entrance Exam for the selection.
Courses & Intake
- The list of various Engineering Institutions, the courses/branches offered and the number of seats available in each branch will be published in the website admissions.dtekerala.gov.inbefore the ensuring online allotment
- For Admission: All admission will be as per the rank list prepared based on an objective type test conducted by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram
- The admission will be subject to regulations of the Universities concerned. Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 years
- Non-Keralities are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the private self-financing institutions and non-govt. seats in the govt. controlled self-financing institutions
- For Writing the Entrance Test: Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an approved institution are eligible
- All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form
- Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma Exam are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (Original or Provisional) at the time of admission
Reservation of Seats
- All seats under Lateral Entry scheme in Govt. Engineering Colleges will be allotted as Govt. Seats
- The availability of Govt. seats in Govt. Controlled & other Private Self-Financing Engineering Colleges will be announce before the ensuing online admission
- For 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Mgt. seats in Aided Engineering Colleges & remaining 85% will be allotted as Govt. seats
- Communal reservation for candidate belonging to SEBC & SC/ST category will be followed as per usual norms 5.5 3% seats are physically disabled candidates
- Reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability
- For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained in the prescribed format provided in the body of the application form
- For 80% of the available seats in IT branch are reserved for the Diploma Holders in IT