Dr. RAJASREE M S
GOVT. ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BARTONHILL
KERALA STATE, INDIA-695035
Dr. Rajasree M S joined as Principal in Govt. Engineering College, Barton Hill on 02.05.2017. She is Professor in Computer Science and Engineering and has served in government engineering colleges under the Technical Education Department, Government of Kerala for the past 24 years as Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Professor and Principal. Before joining this college, she was the Director of Indian Institute of Information Technology Management –IIITMK. She has been serving the academic community for the past 26 years in teaching, research and taking leadership roles in several academic activities such as introduction of new courses at the Post Graduate level, curriculum design, conduct of university examination etc. Her research interests include Distributed and Object Oriented Software Engineering, Cloud Computing and Pattern recognition. She also contributes to the conceptualization and implementation of information systems for the government being a member of various technical committees. During her tenure as Director of IIITMK, she was responsible for anchoring a large number of IT projects and capacity building initiatives for e-Governance at the state and national level. She has a good number of publications in international conferences and journals and has also served in the programme/technical committees of a large number of national/international conferences.
PhD, Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, 2006
M Tech, , Computer Science and Engineering Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, 1997
B Tech, Computer Science and Engineering, NIT,Calicut, 1989
- Worked as Director, Indian Institute of Information Technology Management-Kerala for past 4 years and 8 months.
- Worked as Principal, LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura, Trivandrum for 4 years.
- One PhD student has graduated. Guiding 5 PhD students. Has supervised M Tech thesis work and guided many undergraduate projects.
- Published research papers in 13 International journals, 18 international conferences, 1 national journal and 2 national conferences.
- Co-ordinated funded research projects from funding agencies majorly in the conceptualizing and implementing IT projects.
Academia: Areas – Computer Science and Engineering – 26 Years of experience
- Professor & Head of Department in Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering Trivandrum August 2009 – Sept 2012.
- Professor & Head of Department in Computer Science and Engineering, LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura, August 2005 – August 2009.
- Professor and Head of Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Govt. Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki. May 2003-August 2005.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, November 1999-May 2003.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, September 1993-November 1999.
- Computer Engineer/Lecturer, Institute of Human Resources for Electronics, Trivandrum – 3 years
- Temporary Lecturer, NIT Calicut – 6 months
Association with other Academic/Regulatory Bodies
- Member, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Kerala, CUSAT
- Member, Board of Studies in Computer Science, University of Kerala
- Member, IT@Colleges, Research Advisory Committee (Computing and Mathematical Sciences), Higher Education Council, Govt. of Kerala.
- Expert member for accreditation of National Board of Accreditation, AICTE
- Member/Chairman of Appellate Committee of AICTE
- PhD/M Tech Thesis examiner for various Institutes/Universities
Involvement in other Administrative Bodies
- Member, Project Implementation Board, Technopark (as Director, IIITMK)
- Member, Executive Committee and Governing Council, Institute of Management in Government (as Director, IIITMK)
- Member, Executive Committee and Governing Body, Kerala State IT Mission (as Director, IIITMK)
- Member, KSITIL (Independent Director of Board of Directors)
Technical Advisory Roles
- Chairman, Technical Committee, Treasury Department, Govt. of Kerala
- Member, Technical Committee, Commercial Taxes Department
- Member, Technical Committee, Kerala Public Service Commission
- Member, Technical Committee, Travancore Devaswam Board
- Member, Technical Advisory Board of ICT Academy of Kerala
- Chairman, Business Advisory Committee of ASAP, Additional Skill Acquisition Program, Higher Education Department, Govt. of Kerala
- Member, Advisory Committee, Software TPI, Thiruvananthapuram
Association with Industry
- Worked as Industry interface for academic alliance programmes with IBM global, Microsoft and Infosys
- Designed and implemented specialized training programmes for industry through the Center for Continuing Education at College of Engineering, Trivandrum and Indian Institute of Information Technology Management-Kerala.
- Worked with Life Insurance Corporation of India In transforming procedural oriented information systems to object oriented systems.
- Designed and delivered training programmes as part of capacity building for LIC officials in Software Engineering.
Awards, Academic Honours
- E Governance award for best E-learning solution (Instituted by Institute of Management in Government)
- Recipient of AICTE scholarship for M Tech and PhD programmes
- Recipient of Merit Scholarship for Pre Degree and B Tech
- Fourth Rank in University for B Tech Course
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Member, IEEE, ACM, CSI, INAE
- Life Member, ISTE