Government Engineering College, Bartonhill offers five B.Tech Degree Courses:
1. B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
2. B.Tech in Information Technology.
3. B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
4. B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
5. B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
Admission to all the seats are based on the Entrance Examination Conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala which ensures only meritorious students join the institution.
Admission requirements Eligibility for admission to B.Tech degree course
(a) A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination of the Department of Higher Secondary Education, Vocational Higher Secondary Examination of Department of Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together are eligible for admission with relaxation for SC/ST/SEBC candidates.
(b) A diploma in engineering awarded by the Board of Technical examination, or an examination recognized equivalent thereto, by the State Board of Technical Education undergoing an institutional course of at least 3 years, securing a minimum of 50% marks in the final diploma examination.
(c) Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31 December. No relaxation of the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit.(d) In the case of nominees of Government of India, NRI candidates and nominees to the Reciprocal Quota seats, who are selected on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination, 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together (AICTE stipulation) are required. For Diploma holders 60% marks in the final Diploma examination is required. The relaxation of marks mentioned in clause below given to candidates belonging to SEBC, SC/ST is applicable here also.
B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2016-Guideliness
The candidates are to bring and surrender the following documents in original at the time of admission as per the schedule announced by the Director of Technical Education.
- Mark list and Diploma Certificate (qualifying examination)
- Non- Creamy Layer Certificate for SEBC(OBC) Candidates/ Community Certificate for SC/ST Candidates.
- Certificates in proof of reservation, if any.
- Certificate in proof of date of birth.
- TC and Conduct Certificate issued from the institution last attended.
They are to submit the certificates, arranged in the above order. Also, they are advised to retain sufficient copies of the above documents with them for their future use.
The details regarding remittance of various fees may be obtained from the office of the Principal phone no. 0471-2300484.
Candidates are advised to report to the college for admission, preferably at 10 am on the first day of reporting.
B.Tech Admission 2016
(Through allotment by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations-CEE)
SCHEDULE: AS ANNOUNCED BY THE CEE
Documents in original to be produced at the time of Admission
- Admit Card issued by the CEE.
- Allotment Memo issued by the CEE.
- Candidate’s Data sheet issued by the CEE.
- Receipt of fee remitted in the Bank as instructed by the CEE.
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Conduct certificate.
- Eligibility certificate (boards other than HSC/VHSC/THSC/CBSE/CISCE )
- Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass certificate of the qualifying examination (if issued).
- Any other documents required by the Head of Institution.
The approximate amount of fee to be remitted to the college at the time of admission (In addition to the fee already paid) - Rs- 12000/-
Location of the College: located at the heart of the Trivandrum city, nearby the PMG junction and behind the Govt. Law College (less than 1km from PMG Jn.) About 4-5 km from the KSRTC Central Station / Railway Central Station